EUROCONSTRUCT Conference in Helsinki from 7 to 8 June 2018: Programme
Thursday, 7 June 2018
16.30 Visit to Helsinki Central Library Oodi. Construction of the world’s most modern library will be in its final stages during the conference. Attendees have the unique opportunity to visit the construction site of the new landmark of Helsinki.
The tour will be in two groups. 1st group begins at 16.30 and 2nd approximately at 17.15. Please choose the first group if possible. Protective equipment are given by the host YIT
19.00 Gala Dinner at Restaurant Saaristo on Klippan Island. Conference attendees get unique networking opportunities and an unforgettable dining experience at one of the most historic restaurants in Helsinki. The island provides a beautiful view of the City of Helsinki and the Baltic Sea.
The main hotel partner for the conference is Scandic Simonkenttä Hotel. The hotel is located in Helsinki City centre, only 5 minutes’ walk from the Finlandia Hall (conference venue). The hotel offers promotional prices for the conference participants.
Source: Helsinki Marketing / Kim Öhman
Friday, 8 June 2018
Conference at Finlandia Hall. The conference day programme is as follows:
- Outlook for construction investments in Europe, the keynote speaker is Jyrki Katainen, Vice-President of the European Commission.
- Macroeconomic forecasts and trends.
- Construction forecasts by member organisations.
- Addresses on the change of the built environment and its impacts on construction markets.
09.00 Open remarks
- Welcome speech, Anni Sinnemäki, Deputy mayor of Helsinki
- Outlook for construction investments in Europe, the keynote speaker is Jyrki Katainen – Vice-President of the European Commission.
- Global economic outlook with focus on Europe and its’ influence for the construction markets, Mika Kuismanen – Chief Economist, the Federation of Finnish Enterprises
- European construction market outlook and segment developments, Markku Riihimäki – CEO, Forecon
Regional construction market forecasts of the Euroconstruct area.
- Finland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Bengt Henricson – Market Analyst, Prognoscentret AB
- Nordic housing construction markets – Expert panel discussion (Forecon, Prognoscentret, IFF DK)
- Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Anne Kathrin Funk – Researcher, KOF Swiss Economic Institute
- France, Belgium and The Netherlands, Oebele Vries – Deputy director, eib
- UK and Ireland, Annette Hughes – Director, EY-DKM Economic Advisory
- Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia and Hungary, Dana Malerova – Researcher, ÚRS
- Italy, Spain and Portugal, Josep R Fontana – Senior Researcher, ITeC
Renewal of Built Environment – increasing impacts for construction markets
- Introduction to special theme: Role of R&M in European Construction, Pekka Pajakkala – Senior Advisor, Forecon
- Smart Cities and Communities and their impacts on construction, Miimu Airaksinen – CEO, Finnish Association of Civil Engineers
- Reusable buildings & components, Ludovic Fülöp – Principal Scientist – VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland
- R&M as main Construction Business, case Consti Ltd. Joni Sorsanen – CFO, Consti Ltd
16.30 Farewell drinks